Crossfaith & Skindred @ Leeds Stylus

11.11.2015

I've been a big fan of Skindred since hearing their 2002 release Nobody. I've seen them live twice before so knew exactly what to expect of them when seeing them a third. They are undoubtedly one of my favourite bands to see live. The on-stage actions of dancing, fist pumping, and to shouting "Fight the Power" is definitely something to make one of their concerts a time to remember.

                                      

I have always been a fan of Reggae music and the fact their music has that 'vibe' to it as well as a Metal fusion is simply amazing. I love listening to Benji Webbe's singing voice. There is something quite therapeutic to it, and I can't quite put my finger on it.  

                                          

One thing that I love about Benji is that during the bands performance they take small mid-song breaks to address current political and important topics. In one of these breaks Benji said if  "you don't like gays, you don't like Blacks, then you better get out of here because we don't like you!". This was really humble of him and definitely made my respect for the man go up.

                                      

They played many of my personal favorites from their older albums such as 'Babylon' but tended to mostly stick to their recent album 'Volume' as this is the reason they had begun another UK Tour. 

                                               

I didn't really take many photos of Crossfaith as I was enjoying their performance and the way that they included their fans and viewers into the show by continuously pointing the mic towards the crowd and getting us involved. It was a very colourful show with many Rainbow lights which, if you don't know already are probably my favourite lights at a show. Crossfaith were very energetic and played 'Omen' their cover of The Prodigy, this of course got the crowd creating pits.

All in all, I really enjoyed both acts and would recommend them to anyone.

Happy gig hunting, xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment